JOLIET, Ill. — Educational meetings for farmland owners have been scheduled around the state of Illinois during October.
Locally, one is scheduled for 6 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 11, 2012, at the Joliet Junior College, Weitendorf Ag Education Center, Room 1005/1009, Joliet, Ill.
The program is designed to help landowners better manage their farmland and increase their economic return. The meetings are sponsored by US Farm Lease and the Joliet Community College Agriculture Program.
The program presenters will discuss useful, valuable information for landowners in a clear and easy to understand format.
The program will focus on the following topics:
• Current farmland lease trends
• Farmland values and investment returns
• Farmer profitability in today’s market place
• Determining Illinois soil productivity indexes for your farmland
• Protecting your farm’s soil nutrient bank
US Farm Lease will also present a web based tool to help landowners achieve fair market lease arrangements and help farmers find land available for rent.
Program presenters will vary by meeting location and include the following team.
• Kevin Brooks — farm management and farmer profitability, US Farm Lease
• Dale Baird — certified crop adviser, retired University of Illinois Extension, Crop Systems educator All meetings will begin at 6 p.m. and conclude at 9 p.m. with light refreshments being served. Additional area program dates and locations are as follows:
• Oct. 18, Champaign, Ill., Parkland College, 2400 West Bradley Ave.,Tony Noel Ag Technology Applications Center
There is no charge for the program but pre-registration is requested. To register, interested landowners should contact Kevin Brooks phone (877)-232-4002 or email Kevin at email@example.com