• BUSINESS: McNatt Learning Center, Inc.
• ADDRESS: 101 W. Illinois Ave. Suite 5, Morris, IL, 60450
• PHONE: 815-433-9500
• HOURS: Regular hours: 9:30 a.m. to 6 p.m., Monday through Friday; closed from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. and 3 p.m. to 3:45 p.m. Available later Tuesday, Thursday and open Saturday by appointment.
• OWNER: Matthew McNatt
• WHAT IS YOUR SPECIALTY? We help people improve attention, reduce stress in learning and discover ease in movement. Matthew is a certified HANDLE Practitioner, Feldenkrais Awareness Through Movement teacher and Interactive Metronome provider.
• WHAT WOULD YOU LIKE TO TELL OUR READERS ABOUT YOUR BUSINESS?
If your child is struggling with math or reading, the first thing to try is extra instruction. What we do is more basic — in some ways, almost magic. Imagine 2–3 years of gains in math and reading scores … in 4–5 weeks of work. These are documented gains from Interactive Metronome.
Has your child been diagnosed with AD/HD, an autism-spectrum disorder or a learning disability? Is she uncoordinated or socially awkward?
Perhaps you can pay attention during a meeting, but your child — or spouse — can’t. In that case, there are some things your body-mind is doing, which your child’s (or spouse’s) body-mind isn’t doing.
Perhaps they easily panic, struggle to focus and block out distractions, lose track of time or easily fatigue. Any of these will make paying attention tough. That’s where the McNatt Learning Center comes in: the foundational abilities we help people develop make it easier to relax, easier to focus and block out distractions, easier to keep track of time, and easier to interact with others.
Are you still in pain after an injury and some very helpful physical therapy? Imagine learning to move in such a way that you don’t hurt so much, feel safer on your feet and are less likely to fall. These are documented gains from Feldenkrais Awareness Through Movement classes.
Or, perhaps you’re a star athlete. You’re looking to shave a minute or two off a distance run or some split seconds off a swim. You’re looking to improve your shot or be able to change direction more quickly on the field. We can help there, too.
While the work we do can help almost anyone, we usually see people on either end of the spectrum — those who are struggling, or those who are looking for an extra edge to succeed. Training takes work. It requires an investment of time, money and energy. People who are “getting by just fine” aren’t often willing to make that investment. That’s fine. We’re here for people who want the best for themselves and their families — and are willing to do what it takes to succeed.
We help extraordinary people do ordinary things. We help people develop abilities most people never have to think about, because they can take those abilities for granted.
• WHAT ARE YOUR BUSINESS PLANS FOR THE FUTURE?
We’ve been in business since 2003, but we’re new to Morris. We’re excited to be a part of the community! We hope to hire a cognitive trainer next summer.
• WHAT OTHER INFORMATION IS IMPORTANT TO TELL OUR READERS?
We provide observational screenings and follow-up consultations for $150. If you’d like more information about our services, you can visit our website at www.mcnattlearningcenter.com. If you’d like guidance about your own or your child’s learning or movement issues, you can use our online scheduling system to set up an initial meeting and follow-up consultation. We’re looking forward to meeting you!