(MCT) — Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton was released from a New York hospital Wednesday evening after doctors treated her for a blood clot that had formed behind her ear.
“Her medical team advised her that she is making good progress on all fronts, and they are confident she will make a full recovery,” Philippe Reines, deputy assistant secretary of State, said in a statement. “She’s eager to get back to the office, and we will keep you updated on her schedule as it becomes clearer in the coming days.”
Clinton had been hospitalized Sunday at New York-Presbyterian Hospital when an MRI turned up the clot, called a right transverse sinus venous thrombosis.
The scan was part of follow-up treatment she’d been receiving for a concussion after taking a fall three weeks ago while she was fighting the flu. The concussion forced her to cancel an appearance before a congressional committee looking into the attack on the U.S. diplomatic compound in Benghazi, Libya. Her failure to appear at the hearing prompted murmurs in some conservative circles that she was trying to avoid inquisitors.
Doctors said the clot didn’t result in a stroke or any neurological damage. Clinton was treated for a blood clot in her leg in 1998.
Clinton is in her closing weeks serving as secretary of State, with Sen. John F. Kerry, D-Mass., nominated to succeed her.