CREST HILL, Ill. — Today’s mortgage market is very attractive to first-time buyers.
NuMark Credit Union, which wants to help first-time home buyers take advantage of the favorable housing market, will host a free “First-Time Home Buyers” seminar.
First-time home buyers are welcome to attend the free seminar from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.Tuesday, March 12 at the Crest Hill office, 2380 Caton Farm Road and on Thursday, March 14 at the Tinley Park Office, 8001 W. 159th Street.
Led by local professionals, participants will get all their questions answered regarding inspection, buying and closing on their first home. Participants do not need to be a NuMark Credit Union member to take advantage of this free event.
“Now is a great time to buy. Interest rates and the prices of homes are low, so it is the perfect time for a first-time home buyer to get a great deal on their first home,” says Harry Stewart, AVP residential and commercial lending. “The trick is to know what to look for and how to successfully navigate through the biggest purchase of your life. We can help you make it all happen.”
During the discussion, participants will find out:
• How to successfully select professional real estate service providers and navigate the purchase process.
• What they need to know about the appraisal process.
• How to make sure they are prepared, so their closing day runs smoothly.
• What to look for when purchasing a home.
• How to protect their investment
• How to get pre-qualified for a home loan. Participants are welcome to bring their last three monthly bank statements, last two years federal tax returns with W-2s, and last 30 days of pay stubs to have their loan electronically pre-qualified.
“This free seminar is time well spent. The information you learn could save you thousands of dollars on your first home purchase,” continues Stewart. “All seminar attendees will receive a $300 home appraisal and other closing cost credits when you close your mortgage with NuMark Credit Union.”
Seating is limited, so interested participants should register in advance. Call (815) 729-3211 to reserve seats. Everyone is welcome to bring friends and family too.
NuMark is open to the public, and it is easy to join. NuMark Credit Union has been serving this community for over 58 years.
As a not-for-profit, full-service financial institution, NuMark Credit Union offers a wide variety of convenient, affordable financial services: from auto loans and mortgages to youth savings account and checking plus everything in between. Serving the Will, Kendall, Grundy, Kane, and parts of Cook, DuPage, and Kankakee Counties, NuMark Credit Union has four local offices in Joliet, Crest Hill, Countryside and Tinley Park.
Learn more at www.numarkcu.org.