JOLIET, Ill. — Joliet Junior College will host its open house, Discover JJC, on Saturday, March 2, from 9 a.m. to noon on the Main Campus, 1215 Houbolt Road in Joliet. Prospective students of all ages and their families are invited to attend.
Faculty and staff will be on hand to answer questions about JJC’s academic programs, financial aid and scholarships. Attendees will have the opportunity to:
• Tour JJC’s Main Campus (tours will run at 9:15, 10:15, and 11:15 a.m.)
• Learn about more than 100 academic programs
• Meet with JJC faculty and staff
• Apply for admission
• Find out about JJC’s dual credit program
• Learn about financial aid, scholarships, and study-abroad programs
Students will also have the chance to attend two informational sessions:
• “Getting Started at JJC” will discuss admission requirements, ACT Compass placement testing and transfer information and will be held at 9:15, 10:15 and 11:15 a.m. in room A-1061.
• “Paying for College,” a financial aid presentation will also be held at 9:15, 10:15 and 11:15 a.m. in room A-1002.
There will also be two planetarium shows, “Tonight’s Sky” at 9:15 and 11:15 a.m. and “How to pick a Telescope” at 10:15 a.m. The planetarium is located in the F-Building on the Main Campus.