41°FOvercastFull Forecast

Time is running out to apply for LIHEAP

Published: Tuesday, May 21, 2013 9:08 a.m. CDT

May is Community Act-ion Month and Kendall-Grundy Community Act-ion has funds available for the Low Income Energy Assistance Program.

KGCA is currently taking applications, but time is running out. To qualify  for assistance with gas and electric bills, households must have an income equal to or less than 150 percent of the poverty level as defined in the 2013 poverty guidelines and provide the following documentation:

1) Social Security cards for every household member

2) Proof of income for the last 30 days for anyone 18 years or older in the household.

3) Current gas and electric bill

For an individual, the maximum monthly gross income is $1,396, while for a couple it is $1,891. The maximum income increases to $2,386 for a family of three, $2,881 for a family of four, $3,376 for five, and $3,871 for six.

To make an appointment in Grundy County, call (815) 941-3262. The office is located at the Morris Business & Technology Center, 1802 N Division St, Room 602, Morris.

Get breaking and town-specific news sent to your phone. Sign up for text alerts from the Morris Daily Herald.

More News