A 23-year-old Indiana man was killed in the early morning hours Tuesday in an accident on Interstate 55 near Arsenal Road.
According to Illinois State Police, the Illinois Department of Transportation had a lane closed due to construction work to remove the old Arsenal Road overpass.
Traffic came to a stop and the man, whose name has not yet been released, ran into the back of a semi truck with his 2004 Dodge Ram.
No one else was injured in the accident that occurred at about 12:30 a.m. The Indiana man was pronounced deceased at the scene by the Will County Coroner.
• Guillermo Contreras, 41, of Aurora, was arrested by Kendall County Sheriff’s police June 10 on a failure to appear warrant out of Aurora for a traffic offense and a charge of driving while license suspended. Contreras was also cited for no valid registration, improper use of registration and operating an uninsured vehicle.
• Michael Paul Williams, 28, of Aurora, was arrested by Kendall County Sheriff’s police June 9 on charges of criminal damage to property and battery.
• Kyle Isaac Ivanov, 18, of Aurora, and a female juvenile, were arrested by Kendall County Sheriff’s police June 11 on a charge of theft under $500.
• Donald Joe Sherman, 63, of Mississippi, was arrested by Kendall County Sheriff’s police June 11 on a charge of driving while license suspended and cited for operating an uninsured motor vehicle, illegal transportation of alcohol, improper display of registration plates, expired registration and speeding.
• Alberto Tavares-Amezola, 33, of Beecher, was arrested by the Kendall County Sheriff’s Department June 10 on a charge of no valid driver’s license and cited for speeding.
• Ronald Reed Swanson, 60, of Plano, was arrested by Kendall County Sheriff’s police June 10 on a charge of DUI.