Students new to Newark Community High School District #18 will have to register at the school on Friday, Aug. 9.
Parents should call (815) 695-5164 to schedule an appointment.
Mail-in registration for returning students will be accepted through Friday, Aug. 16.
Walk-in registration will take place from 1 to 7 p.m. Tuesday, Aug. 6, and from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesday, Aug. 7
Fee statements were to be sent out with registration packets by the end of July. Fees should be paid at the time of registration.
The following fees will be in effect for the 2013-2014 school year:
• Student Fees – $200 (this includes technology fee, agenda fee, and course fees. For students who attend IVVC, fees are $100)
• Sports Fee – $35 per sport
• Parking Fee – $30
• Driver Education – $100
• PE Uniform – $8 to $15
• Late registration fee – $25 (for any registration completed after Aug. 16)
• SPORTS INFORMATION NIGHT – There will be a meeting for fall athletes and their parents at 6 p.m. on Monday, Aug. 12. At this time, sports fees must be paid and physicals and athletic codes must be turned in to participate in practices and games for the 2013 fall sports seasons.
• ORIENTATION – New student and freshmen orientation will take place at 7 p.m. Tuesday, Aug. 13
• OPENING DAY – Classes begin at 8 a.m. Monday, Aug. 19, and run until 1:30 p.m. that day. Tuesday, Aug. 20, will be the first full day of school, with classes running from 8 a.m. until 3 p.m.
• OPEN HOUSE – School Open House will take place at 7 p.m. Tuesday, Aug. 27..
• Bus Routes – For information and the answer to questions, please call (815) 695-5164 after Monday, Aug. 5.
• Freshmen Physicals – All freshmen must provide a completed physical examination form when registering for the 2013-2014 school year.