44°FOvercastFull Forecast
Pro Football Weekly Updated Draft Guide

Program has funds to help with utility bills

Published: Tuesday, Feb. 11, 2014 5:30 a.m. CDT • Updated: Tuesday, Feb. 11, 2014 9:30 p.m. CDT

Kendall-Grundy Community Action has funds available to assist families with utility bills through the Low Income Energy Assistance Program.

The organization currently is taking applications, but time is running out.

To qualify with assistance on your gas and your electric bills, households must have an income equal to or less than 150 percent of the poverty level as defined in the 2014 poverty guidelines and provide the following documentation: Social Security Cards for every household member; proof of income for the past 30 days for anyone 18 years or older in the household; and a current gas and electric bill.

A family size of one can have a gross monthly income of $1,436; two of $1,939; three of $2,441; four of $2,944; five of $3,446; and six of $3,949.

To make an appointment in Grundy County call 815-941-3262. The office is at Morris Business Technological Center, 1802 N. Division St., Room 602, in Morris. In Kendall County call 630-553-9100, office is at 811 John St. in Yorkville.

Get breaking and town-specific news sent to your phone. Sign up for text alerts from the Morris Daily Herald.