67°FFairFull Forecast
Pro Football Weekly Updated Draft Guide

No signs of fire found after Premier Academy temporarily evacuated due to electrical fire odor

Published: Thursday, Aug. 28, 2014 11:46 a.m. CDT
(Heidi Litchfield - hlitchfield@shawmedia.com)
Morris Fire Department was called to Premier Academy on Thursday for an electrical odor in the mechanical room. The fire department reported no signs of fire and cleared the school for students to return to class.

MORRIS – Morris Fire Protection and Ambulance District was called to Premier Academy about 11 a.m. Thursday for a report of odor of electrical fire in the mechanical room.

Lt. Dave Wiechen said the fire department personnel checked out the campus and used heat detectors in the mechanical room to rule out fire before giving the all clear for students to return to class.

"We smelled something in a room and called to have it checked out," Shannon Manietta said. "We evacuated per our protocol."

Students returned to class about 11:30 a.m.

Get breaking and town-specific news sent to your phone. Sign up for text alerts from the Morris Daily Herald.