MORRIS - Morris Fire Protection and Ambulance District responded to a fire Tuesday afternoon at 2608 Indian Grass Road in Morris.
Deputy Chief Bob Wills said when firefighters arrived on the scene they found a fire in the kitchen that was extinguished within five minutes of arriving on the scene.
"There were dogs in the residence that had to be removed so our fireman could enter," Wills said. "The homeowner, who was home, and the dogs got out of the home and are accounted for."
Wills said the fire is under investigation but appears it started in the kitchen where it was contained.