Mazon Park Street Congregational Church holding pecan sale
MAZON – Mazon Park Street Congregational Church is selling new crop Georgia pecans.
One-pound bags of pecan halves are $12 and one-pound bags of pecan pieces are $10.
For information, call 815-357-6449.
Helmar Lutheran Church
to hold kumla dinner fundraiser
Helmar Lutheran Church is having an all-you-can-eat kumla dinner from 4:30 to 7 p.m. Saturday.
It is a free-will donation dinner.
The proceeds are to support the church food pantry, which has grown from serving 10 to 120 families, twice a month, in nine years of operation.
The dinner includes ham, kumla (like a dumpling), applesauce, dessert and a beverage.
For those who would prefer, a baked potato will be substituted for kumla. Carryout will be available.
The church is located at 11935 Lisbon Road in rural Newark, and can be contacted at 815-695-5489.
United Methodist Church
to hold ‘Hallelujah’ Soup Supper
COAL CITY – Coal City United Methodist Church, located at 6805 E. McArdle Road in Coal City, invites the community to join it for a “Hallelujah” Soup Supper from 4 to 7 p.m. Feb. 4.
The church will be serving homemade vegetable beef and chicken noodle soups.
The cost will be $8 for adults and children ages 13 and older; $4 for children ages 6 to 12; $2 for children ages 3 to 5; and children ages 2 and under eat free. All proceeds will go to the church’s building fund.
Tickets will be sold at the door.
Each meal includes your choice of soup, a sandwich, crackers, a beverage, ice cream and dessert. Carryout will be available.
Joliet Jewish Congregation
The Joliet Jewish Congregation has issued the following announcements:
• Shabbat services begin, led by Rabbi Charles Rubovits, at 7 p.m. Friday and
9 a.m. Saturday services are at the Joliet Jewish Congregation, 250 N. Midland Ave. in Joliet.
• Joliet Jewish Congregation’s Lunch and Learn will meet every Thursday in January, unless otherwise stated, from noon to 1:30 p.m. Cost is $5 a week. Call 815-741-4600 to RSVP. All are welcome.
• The Hadassah Book Club will not meet in January, but will meet at 7 p.m. Feb. 23. It will be discussing “The Girl on the Train,” by Paula Hawkins. This novel is a complex thriller with themes of domestic violence and alcohol and drug abuse. Call the office for details at 815-741-4600.
• Sunday school takes place every Sunday unless otherwise stated. For additional information on children’s or adult classes, call the office at 815-741-4600.
• Dairy Potluck and Family Services will be on Friday. Services are at 6 p.m., with the potluck to follow. Call the office to RSVP and confirm what dish you will bring at 815-741-4600.
For information, call 815-741-4600 or visit www.jolietjewishcongregation.com.