St. Thomas Episcopal Church Easter Week activities planned
St. Thomas Episcopal Church, 317 Goold Park Drive in Morris, will be hosting services on the following dates and times:
• Palm Sunday: 7:45 a.m. – Morning Prayer; 8 a.m. – Holy Communion; 10 a.m. – Holy Communion with hymns
• Maundy Thursday: 5:30 p.m. – Evening Prayer; 5:45 – Holy Communion.
• Good Friday: 5:30 p.m. – Liturgy of Good Friday.
• Holy Saturday: 3 p.m. – Confession; 8 p.m. – Vigil and First Mass of Easter.
Easter Sunday: 7:45 a.m. – Morning prayer; 8 a.m. – Holy Communion; 10 a.m. – Holy Communion with hymns.
Coal City United Methodist Church Holy Week
All are welcome for Holy Week events.
• Palm Sunday, April 9: Worship Services – 8 a.m. and 10:30 a.m.
Come and join us as we celebrate the Palms and Passion of Jesus’ last week on earth. Bishop Frank Beard will be preaching.
• Holy Thursday, April 13: Maundy Thursday Service – 7 p.m.
A special Maundy Thursday service where we remember the night Jesus shared a meal with his disciples before the fateful events of his crucifixion.
• Good Friday, April 14: Community Easter Cantata – 7 p.m.
Come join us for this special Good Friday presentation.
The music that has been chosen will capture Christ’s sacrifice and promote a truly worshipful experience for all.
• Easter Sunday, April 16: Easter Sunrise Service – 6:30 a.m.; Easter Worship Services – 8 a.m. and 10:30 a.m.; Sunday School for all ages – 9 a.m. including an Easter egg hunt for the children. High school youth will serve Easter breakfast from 9 to 10:15 a.m. A free will offering will be accepted to help fund the youth mission trip to Kentucky in June.
Ecumenical Prayer Service planned for April 14
Good Friday Ecumenical Prayer Service on at noon April 14. Our entire community is invited to join us for this ecumenical celebration of Jesus’ Passion and Crucifixion through shared scripture, prayer and hymns led by clergy and musicians from Plainfield-area Christian churches. This event is sponsored by The Plainfield Ministerial Association and held at St. Mary Immaculate Parish. A free will offering to benefit the Plainfield Interfaith Food Pantry will be taken.
Grace Lutheran Church Easter breakfast scheduled for April 16
Grace Lutheran Church, located directly across from the Morris Airport north of Morris on Route 47, will host its annual Easter breakfast at 8:30 a.m. April 16.
A free menu of breakfast food includes scrambled eggs, pancakes and sausage. Resurrection Day worship begins at 9:30 a.m. with Pastor Steven Heilmann preaching on “Christ is Risen ... You Have Been Raised with Him.” For information, visit www.glcmorris.net.
Mazon United Methodist
Women’s Tea Party on May 13
The Mazon United Methodist Women are hosting an old-fashioned Mother/Daughter Tea Party at 1 p.m. May 13 at the Mazon United Methodist Church, 509 Seventh Ave. in Mazon. They will serve a variety of teas, lemonade and dainty treats. There will be games and prizes, as well. There is no charge, but donations are appreciated. For information, contact Pastor Karen by emailing email@example.com, messaging her on Facebook, or call/text her at 815-483-9343.
Mazon United Methodist 5K run
The Mazon United Methodist 7th Annual 5K run will be June 3. Registration begins at 7:30 a.m. under the pavilion in Mazon City Park on Center St. Race-day registration is $35, cash or check only.
The race starts at 9 a.m. on Seneca Street. There will be eight trophies and 72 medals awarded. Advance registration is available at www.active.com for $30. Entry by May 15 guarantees a T-shirt.
Paper entry forms also are available from Pastor Karen. Email her at firstname.lastname@example.org, message her on Facebook, or call/text 815-483-9343. Visit the MazonUMC5K Facebook page as well, where you can see up to date information and lots of photos from previous events.