Living Water Church
Love a little, laugh a little – “Make This Christmas Count.”
Come to Living Water Church, 118 E. Jefferson St. in Morris, for a fresh experience of Christ. Applying God’s Word to our hearts and lives, shaping our habits and leading us to a Christmas that counts.
Join us Sunday’s at 8:30 or 10:30 a.m. for services, or 9:30 a.m. for Sunday School for adults, teens/Children).
• Saturday – Men’s Breakfast, 8:30 a.m. at the church.
• Wednesday night service, 7 p.m. –
starting Dec. 6 a new series “Long Expected Jesus.”
• Friday, Dec. 8 – “Polar Express” movie on the big screen. 7 p.m.
Opportunities to worship are:
• 7 p.m. Wednesdays for Bible study class, led by Pastor Cook.
• 7 p.m. Thursdays for prayer night, a silent time of worship in the sanctuary.
The Prairie Singers mark their 30th year of music making by opening this Christmas season with “The Wonders of Christmas.”
The Prairie Singers have selected holiday favorites from the past 30 years for these special performances. Come and enjoy “The Wonders of Christmas” as the singers’ gift to you.
• First Presbyterian Church in Morris will host the singers at 7 p.m. Saturday.
• Epworth United Methodist Church in Ottawa will host the singers at
2 p.m. Sunday.
• St. Michael’s Catholic Church at
7 p.m. Dec. 7 in Streator will stage the Singers at a Thursday night concert, in conjunction with the Feast of the Immaculate Conception. Special Marian selections will be highlighted at this concert.
• The final concert will be at 2 p.m. Dec. 10 at St. Patrick’s Catholic Church in Seneca. The Gothic church is a perennial favorite of the singers as they close their Christmas season.
A free-will offering will be taken at all church concerts.
The Prairie Singers are a chamber ensemble composed of singers from Grundy, LaSalle and Livingston counties.
The group performs literature from a broad range of historical periods, along with a wide variety of show tunes and popular and classical favorites.
The choral ensemble welcomes membership inquiries from interested singers.
Information concerning group or performance scheduling maybe obtained by contacting George McComb, 6830 O’Malley Road, Verona, IL 60479, or by calling 815-287-9806.
First Presbyterian Church of Morris
• The Prairie Singers will be performing from 7 to 8:30 p.m. Saturday.
• Annual Cookie Heaven bake sale from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Dec. 9, or until cookies run out. All proceeds from the event go to Loving Deeds for Kids in Need, a charity that benefits Grundy County school children.
• The Rev. Dr. Roy Backus will be performing a Saxophone Concert from 2 to
3 p.m. Dec. 10.
• The Living Nativity, an enactment of the Christmas story of Jesus’ birth (with live animals provided by Dr. Tobi Staudacher of Yorkville) is at 5, 5:20 and 5:40 p.m. Dec. 10.
Light refreshments are provided inside the church, and inclement weather cancels this event.
• The Christmas Musical “Child of Peace” will be performed at 5:30 p.m. Dec. 16, and at 10 a.m. Dec. 17.
‘Hallelujah’ soup supper, cookie sale
Coal City United Methodist Church, located at 6805 E. McArdle Road in Coal City, invites you to join them from 4 to 7 p.m. Saturday for their “Hallelujah” Soup Supper in the church fellowship hall.
The delicious homemade soups will be chili and turkey and rice. Each meal includes your choice of soup, a sandwich, crackers, a beverage, ice cream and dessert.
Carry-outs will be available and tickets will be sold at the door.
The cost is $8 for adults and children ages 13 and older, $4 for children ages 12 to 6; $2 for children ages 5 to 3; and children ages 2 and younger can eat for free.
All proceeds from the soup supper will go to the church’s building fund. Sunshine Circle will be holding their annual cookie sale Saturday during the soup supper.
You will have the opportunity to purchase delicious home baked cookies, ready for gift giving, for $7 a container.