Peace Lutheran Church
• Beginning Senior Yoga class from 10 to 11 a.m. Jan. 5, at 101 Candlelight Lane in Morris.
Calling all seniors! All are welcome, especially if you have never participated in yoga – this is for beginners.
Lois Kleck and Dee Crowe are the facilitators. Sessions are designed around strength building, balance, pain relief and arthritis, among others.
Class meets in the lower-level double classroom. Call Dee Crowe or Lois Kleck at 815-521-0480 with any questions.
• Free yoga class at 5:30 p.m. every Monday and Thursday.
• Quilting from 9 to 10 a.m. Jan. 10.
Coal City United Methodist Church ‘Hallelujah’ Soup Supper
The first “Hallelujah” Soup Supper of the new year will be from 4 to 7 p.m. Jan. 6 at Coal City United Methodist Church, at 6805 E. McArdle Road in Coal City.
They will be serving homemade cheesy potatoes and stuffed green pepper cups.
The cost will be $8 for adults and children ages 13 and older; $4 for children ages 12 to 6; $2 for children ages 5 to 3; and children age 2 and younger can eat for free.
Proceeds will go to the church’s building fund. Tickets will be sold at the door.
Each meal includes a choice of soup, a sandwich, crackers, a beverage, ice cream and dessert. Carry-outs available.
Immaculate Conception Church, in Morris to hold winter events
• The rosary is recited every Tuesday at church. All are welcome to join each and every week they are available to come. Every Tuesday at 1:30 p.m.
• The Stitchery Group meets each Wednesday in the Church Narthex. Bring your crocheting or knitting and join the group. Every Wednesday from 1 to 3 p.m.
• The PADS shelter at Immaculate Conception Parish is open October through April. It provides a place to sleep, eat dinner and breakfast, as well as a sack lunch to go. If you would like to volunteer for our parish, call Joanne Morrall at 815-942-8389 or Kris Werden at 815-942-5338. Opens at 7 p.m. Thursdays and Fridays.
• Organizations from the parish help with preparation and serving of coffee and doughnuts after Mass one weekend each month in the Narthex of the Church. Stop by after Mass and visit while enjoying refreshments. Jan. 27 and 28.
• All women of the parish are invited to the CCW (Council of Catholic Women) monthly meeting held in the St. Angela Room of Immaculate Conception School. There will be no meetings in June or July. This month’s meeting is at 6:30 p.m. Jan. 9.
• Come away and meet with Jesus during our Praise and Worship and Prayer evening. Music provided by Alpha & Omega Worship Band, 7 p.m. Jan. 6.
First United Methodist Church
in Morris to hold holiday events
• 6 p.m. Post High School Young Adult Gathering
• 1 p.m. Water Color Guild
• 8:30 a.m. Stephen Ministry Retreat
• noon Troop 218
• 5:30 p.m. Worship Service