Living Water Church
Love a little, laugh a little. Come to Living Water Church, 118 E. Jefferson St. in Morris, for a fresh experience of Christ. Applying God’s word to our hearts and lives and shaping our habits.
Join us at 8:30 or 10:30 a.m. Sundays for services, or 9:30 a.m. for Sunday School (adults /teens/children). Other opportunities to worship are:
• 7 p.m. Wednesdays for Bible study class, led by Pastor Cook.
• 7 p.m. Thursdays for prayer night, a silent time of worship in the sanctuary.
Peace Lutheran Church
• Free yoga class at 5:30 p.m. every Monday and Thursday night.
Immaculate Conception Church
• The rosary is recited every Tuesday at church. All are welcome to join each and every week they are available to come. 1:30 p.m. Tuesdays
• The Stitchery Group meets each Wednesday in the Church Narthex. Bring your crocheting or knitting and join the group. 1 to 3 p.m. Wednesdays
• The PADS shelter at Immaculate Conception Parish is open October through April. It provides a place to sleep, eat dinner and breakfast, as well as provides a sack lunch. To volunteer for the parish, call Joanne Morrall at 815-942-8389 or Kris Werden 815-942-5338. Opens at 7 p.m. every Thursday and Friday.
• Organizations from the parish help with preparation and serving of coffee and doughnuts after Mass one weekend each month in the Narthex of the church. Stop by after Mass and visit while enjoying refreshments.
Minooka Village Christian Church
Located at 8965 S. Bell Road in Minooka, The Village is not a typical church.
We keep church pretty simple and we don’t get caught up in a lot of rules and regulations.
Instead, we allow scripture to be our guide and try to live our lives according to what the Bible outlines. It doesn’t matter what your history is, you are welcome here.
It’s not easy to sum up all of who we are, but here are a few basics about us.
We’re a nondenominational Christian church and followers of Jesus Christ.
That means all backgrounds are welcome here, whether you’ve never been to church, haven’t been in a long time, or have been a part of a church all your life.
We like to have fun and don’t think that church should be boring.
You might even be a little surprised when you visit because we’re different from a lot of churches. You’ll have to stop by to find out more.
Services are at 6:30 p.m. Thursdays, and at 8:30, 9:30 and 11 a.m. Sundays. For information, call 815-467-2265 or visit thevillagechristianchurch.com.
– Morris Herald-News
How many things in our lives require maintenance? Cars, electronics, our bodies…and especially our marriages. We value strong marriages at The Village Christian Church, and we want to encourage and equip you to make it happen. We’re so excited to announce an upcoming Marriage Retreat coming to The Village March 9 & 10. Invest in yourself, your spouse and your marriage. This free Marriage Retreat will help you build a healthy marriage and family. It will be led by Justin and Trisha Davis, co-authors of Beyond Ordinary: When a Good Marriage Just Isn’t Good Enough. Justin and Trisha Davis know all too well the dangers of settling for an ordinary marriage. Their own failure to recognize the warning signs almost resulted in the end of their marriage, their family, and their ministry. They will be sharing their story of pain, loss, and redemption to help you build a healthy marriage and family. This event will start Friday, March 9, from 7-9 p.m. and continue Saturday, March 10, from 9 a.m.-noon. It is not an overnight. No childcare will be available. The Village Christian Church is located at 8965 S. Bell Road in Minooka. Visit the website at thevillagechristianchurch.com and go to the What’s Happening This Week page to register for this event and sign up for a chance to win a free gift.