First United Methodist Church
The First United Methodist Church of Morris, 118 W Jackson St, invites you to join them for their Advent and Christmas events. Our Chancel Choir will present their Christmas Cantata during worship service on Saturday, Dec. 15 at 5:30 p.m. and Sunday, Dec. 16 at 9 a.m. We will offer two Christmas Eve Services. The 5 p.m. service is a family oriented service and the 9 p.m. service is a traditional candlelight service. We hope you can join us to celebrate the birth of our Savior, Jesus Christ.
The Polar Express
Life Church of Morris, located at 118 E. Jefferson St., presents an interactive experience with the movie, The Polar Express, on Dec. 21 at 5 p.m. Refreshments will be provided and, in the spirit of The Polar Express, we invite you to wear pajamas. Tickets are $5. Visit polarexpressmorris.eventbrite.com for information and tickets.
Coal City United Methodist Church
Advent Events at Coal City United Methodist Church, located at 6805 E. McArdle Road in Coal City:
• 6 p.m. – Children’s Christmas Musical, “The Mystery of the Manger – It’s the Gospel Truth!” Join us for a Christmas Cookie Decorating Party for families immediately following the program.
• 8 and 10:30 a.m. – "Seeking Christmas: Peace" worship services
• 7 p.m. – Community Christmas Cantata, “What Sweeter Music – A Festival of Carols,” presented by a Community Choir of more than 50 voices.
• 6 p.m. – "Blue Christmas Service," a special service designed for all who are struggling through difficult times such as dealing with the loss of a loved one, facing life separation, coping with the loss of a job, or facing health issues. Come as you are and hold on to hope together.
• 3 p.m. – Christmas Recital featuring the students of Shanan D’Agostino.
• 8 and 10:30 a.m. – "Seeking Christmas: Love" worship services
• 9 a.m. – "One Starry Night A Savior is Born." An interactive journey through Bethlehem for families.
• 6 and 11 p.m. – Christmas Eve candlelight and Communion services
• 9 a.m. – Christmas morning worship service led by lay leader Ken P. Miller.
Ladies Unconference at The Village Christian Church
The “I am…in hot pursuit” Ladies Unconference is coming to The Village Christian Church on Saturday, Jan. 26, 2019, from 9 a.m. until 5 p.m. Grab your friends, your tribe, or whatever you call yourselves, and sign-up for the first ever Ladies Unconference. Life is busy – so many choices as you search to make a difference. There’s so much pressure to be the best, look the best, have the best…we’re always pursuing something, but what is it Ever have these thoughts? Does my life have an impact? What am I supposed to be doing? Am I good enough? This day is going to be a movement! It will be so much more than just talk – it's going to be a day of action. No fluff or fake here – you will hear truth from incredible speakers and be equipped to be the person God created you to be. Tickets are $35 and available online only. You will have access to incredible speakers, lunch, snacks, a special gift, and guaranteed belly laughs! Registration is required so we can make sure all of the details are covered and everything is ready for you. Please register before Jan. 11, 2019. Visit https://www.thevillagechristianchurch.com/ministries/ladies-unconference for all the details on the speakers and topics that will be discussed and you can click on the link to register from there. The Village Christian Church is located at 8965 S. Bell Rd. in Minooka.
Peace Lutheran Church
• Free yoga class at 5:30 p.m. every Monday and Thursday night
Immaculate Conception Church, Morris
• The rosary is recited every Tuesday at church. All are welcome to join each and every week they are available to come. 1:30 p.m. Tuesdays
• The Stitchery Group meets each Wednesday in the Church Narthex. Bring your crocheting or knitting and join the group. 1 to 3 p.m. Wednesdays
• The PADS shelter at Immaculate Conception Parish is open through April. It provides a place to sleep, eat dinner and breakfast, as well as a sack lunch to go. If you would like to volunteer for our Parish please contact Joanne Morrall at 815-942-8389 or Kris Werden 815-942-5338. Opens at 7 p.m. every Thursday and Friday.
• Organizations from the parish help with preparation and serving of coffee and doughnuts after Mass one weekend each month in the Narthex of the Church. Stop by after Mass and visit while enjoying refreshments.
The Village Christian Church in Minooka
Located at 8965 S. Bell Road in Minooka, the Village is not your typical church. For example, we keep church pretty simple, and we don’t get caught up in a lot of rules and regulations. Instead, we allow scripture to be our guide and try to live our lives according to what the Bible outlines. It doesn’t matter what your history is, you are welcome here. It’s not easy to sum up all of who we are, but here are a few basics about us. We’re a non-denominational Christian church and followers of Jesus Christ. That means all backgrounds are welcome here, whether you’ve never been to church, haven’t been in a long time, or have been a part of a church all your life. We like to have fun and don’t think that church should be boring. You might even be a little surprised when you visit because we’re different than a lot of churches. You’ll have to stop by to find out more. Services are Thursdays at 6:30 p.m. and Sundays at 8:30, 9:30 and 11 a.m. Call 815-467-2265 or visit thevillagechristianchurch.com for more information.
Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary Roman Catholic Church
The church is located at 195 South Kankakee Street in Coal City. Reverend Robert Noesen presides over weekend masses Saturdays at 4 p.m. and Sundays at 7:30 and 11:15 a.m. Confessions are heard from 3:20 to 3:45 on Saturday. Daily Mass and Devotions: Monday – 8 a.m. rosary, communion service; Tuesday – 8 rosary, communion service at Immaculate Conception in Braidwood; Wednesday – 8 a.m., rosary, confessions, Mass, Our Lady of Perpetual Help Novena; Thursday – 8 a.m., rosary, Mass at Immaculate Conception; Friday – 8 a.m. rosary Mass at Assumption. First Friday of the month – 8 a.m. Rosary, Confession, Mass; First Saturday of the month – 8 a.m. rosary, Immaculate Conception Novena Mass with the distribution of the Sacrament of the Sick. Monthly Devotional prayers (Novena) to our Lord and His servant, Saint Peregrine, patron saint of those who suffer with cancer or any incurable disease or condition, Solemn Benediction of the Blessed Sacrament – First Tuesday of every month following the 6:30 p.m. Mass. Mother of the Eucharist Perpetual Adoration Chapel is across from the church at 195 South Kankakee Street. The chapel is a place of silent prayer in the presence of Jesus Christ, truly present in the Eucharist. The Eucharist is solemnly exposed for adoration 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Everyone is encouraged to stop in anytime, make regular visits and sign up for a specific time of adoration each week. Visit Stmaryassumptionparish.org for more information.