Ash Wednesday Service
Coal City United Methodist Church, located at 6805 E. McArdle Road in Coal City, invites the community to join them for an Ash Wednesday Service on March 6 at 7 p.m.The service will include the imposition of ashes. All are welcome to join them for this special service as they observe the beginning of Lent.
World Day of Prayer
The churches of the Seneca area will be observing World Day of Prayer on Thursday, March 7 at the Stavanger Lutheran Church, located at 2904 N. 32nd road in Seneca. This service is sponsored by Community of Christ, Assembly of God, First United Methodist, Our Savior's Lutheran, St. Patrick's Roman Catholic, as well as Stavanger Lutheran Church. The coffee time will start at 9:30 a.m. and the worship will begin at 10 a.m. This year's service was written by the women of Slovenia, and it centers around the theme, "Come, Everything is Ready." This is taken from Luke's gospel, Chapter 14, verses 15-24. All are welcome to attend.
Community Blood Drive
Heartland Blood Centers will hold a Community Blood Drive in the fellowship hall at Coal City United Methodist Church on Tuesday, March 12 from 4-7 pm. The church is located at 6805 E. McArdle Road in Coal City. Please call the church office to reserve your preferred donation time at 815-634-8670 or register online at www.heartlandbc.org. Walk-ins are also welcome. Please bring a photo ID and eat a good meal before donating. Please consider giving blood - one pint of blood can save up to 3 lives.
Peace Lutheran Church
• Free yoga class at 5:30 p.m. every Monday and Thursday night
Immaculate Conception Church, Morris
• The rosary is recited every Tuesday at church. All are welcome to join each and every week they are available to come. 1:30 p.m. Tuesdays
• The Stitchery Group meets each Wednesday in the Church Narthex. Bring your crocheting or knitting and join the group. 1 to 3 p.m. Wednesdays
• The PADS shelter at Immaculate Conception Parish is open through April. It provides a place to sleep, eat dinner and breakfast, as well as a sack lunch to go. If you would like to volunteer for our Parish please contact Joanne Morrall at 815-942-8389 or Kris Werden 815-942-5338. Opens at 7 p.m. every Thursday and Friday.
• Organizations from the parish help with preparation and serving of coffee and doughnuts after Mass one weekend each month in the Narthex of the Church. Stop by after Mass and visit while enjoying refreshments.
Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary Roman Catholic Church
The church is located at 195 South Kankakee Street in Coal City. Reverend Robert Noesen presides over weekend masses Saturdays at 4 p.m. and Sundays at 7:30 and 11:15 a.m. Confessions are heard from 3:20 to 3:45 on Saturday. Daily Mass and Devotions: Monday – 8 a.m. rosary, communion service; Tuesday – 8 rosary, communion service at Immaculate Conception in Braidwood; Wednesday – 8 a.m., rosary, confessions, Mass, Our Lady of Perpetual Help Novena; Thursday – 8 a.m., rosary, Mass at Immaculate Conception; Friday – 8 a.m. rosary Mass at Assumption. First Friday of the month – 8 a.m. Rosary, Confession, Mass; First Saturday of the month – 8 a.m. rosary, Immaculate Conception Novena Mass with the distribution of the Sacrament of the Sick. Monthly Devotional prayers (Novena) to our Lord and His servant, Saint Peregrine, patron saint of those who suffer with cancer or any incurable disease or condition, Solemn Benediction of the Blessed Sacrament – First Tuesday of every month following the 6:30 p.m. Mass. Mother of the Eucharist Perpetual Adoration Chapel is across from the church at 195 South Kankakee Street. The chapel is a place of silent prayer in the presence of Jesus Christ, truly present in the Eucharist. The Eucharist is solemnly exposed for adoration 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Everyone is encouraged to stop in anytime, make regular visits and sign up for a specific time of adoration each week. Visit Stmaryassumptionparish.org for more information.