The Kendall County Health Department is pleased to make available the Kendall-Grundy Community Action Scholarship. These scholarships provide financial assistance to eligible individuals for education or occupational training at an accredited Illinois educational institution.
The original deadline for scholarships has now been extended to June 1, 2020.
Applicant(s) must be income eligible under DCEO/CSBG income eligibility guidelines of household size to annual income:
1 person - $19,140
2 people - $25,860
3 people - $32,580
4 people - $39,300
5 people - $46,020
For each additional household member, add $6,720.00
Applicants must also meet the following eligibility criteria when applying for the Kendall-Grundy Community Action Scholarship:
• Applicant(s) must be a resident of Kendall County or Grundy County.
• Funds must be used to secure formal or occupational training at an education institution accredited in the State of Illinois.
• Applicant(s) must be pursing short-term training (2 years or less) in occupational training, general post-secondary education or in exceptional circumstances consideration will be given to applicants for general education.
• Applicant(s) must have demonstrated positive community/school involvement.
• Scholarship funds may be used for books, tuition, fees, etc.
For information or to request an application through the mail call Kendall-Grundy Community Actions Services at 815-941-3262 or Kendall County Health Department at 630-553-9100.
Applications will be evaluated on the basis of financial eligibility, scholarship potential, commitment to civic affairs, career goals and personal interviews. Applications for 2020 will now be available through June 1, 2020 due to the coronavirus pandemic.